This notice is to inform you that Texas Division Patrol, Inc. is closely monitoring developments regarding the outbreak of the 2020 Novel Coronavirus (COVID – 19). Texas Division Patrol, Inc. is regularly monitoring the situation by maintaining communication with The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) who are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the immediate health risk to the general public is high.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. The symptoms can appear in as few days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
How can you protect yourself
Practice everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Who is most at risk?
Everyone. At this time this virus is currently spreading in communities in the United States at a rapid pace. Right now, the greatest risk of infection is for people who have traveled to China or other overseas countries.
If you think you have been exposed to coronavirus, contact your healthcare provider immediately.